Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Wednesday 2 March 2016

House of Cards - March Silhouette


This is my third make for the Design Team of House of Cards!!

The team includes





Cohenna | Donna | Dotty Jo Em | Emily | Heather
Jane | Judy | Karen | Katarzyna Ewa * | Katy | Leslie* | Linda
Merethe | Merlina* | Michele | Paula* | Rocky | Rosi | Ruza
Shawna | Shirley* | Steph | Sue N. | Sue T. | ME | Tina* | Toni

Do have a look at the fabulous makes they have made!

This month's Challenge is to use the cue word:



I decided to use a silhouette in the style of Banksy.


My middle son Dan is a big fan of Banksy's work -  Dan came to stay with us when we were living in India and when I had just got my Silver Bullet die-cutting machine.
 He was desperate to have a go with it and made this card -
 a simple silhouette in the style of Banksy.



I came across a stamp in the style of Banksy at Bee Crafty
Slide and Bubbles



The stamp is stamped with 'Iced Spruce' on a handmade background,
 cut out with a nesting die. The shape was distressed around the edges with the same ink.
The background has been made by spraying a variety of misters over a random stencil made with glue gun glue.
This was layered onto a piece of DP from my scraps and a kraft card base.
Finally I added gold stickers for the bubbles.








Hope to see your make at House and Cards!




Happy Crafting!





7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Susan! The first is my favorite. - I never heard about Bansky stile but I really LOVE this simplicity !! You did a great job!!
    Hugs, Rosi - HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, these are both AWESOME!!! I LOVE the gorgeous images you used--and I adore the CAS feel of the first and added "bubbles" on the second! Fabulous work, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Cards. So fun to see all you girls creations and howe diffrent they are on the same theme.
    (✿*‿*) Ma (Merethe)
    Teamie HOC
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Susan!
    Hugs,
    Em, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love your son's card too :o)
    Tina HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan las dos tarjetas esta espectaculares... me encanta el contraste de los colores con el kraft... gracias por compartir! Saludos... Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the handmade background paper with the addition of gold stickers for the bubbles on your card and your sons is wonderful in its simplicity. Heather HOC Teammie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.