Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Monday 8 February 2016

Another quick couple of cards...

Please take a look at my Candy here




Card #1

The first card I am going to show you is a Birthday card I needed to make for my brother-in-law.
How many candles?? 
Well quite a lot really - 65!

Anyway I used the Bubaboo image Candles Set coloured with Promarkers.


The white rectangular card base was matted with turquoise card then layered with some starry DP from my stash, then a topnote shape cut with my Bigshot in the same turquoise card.
Next I added the image and two banners - the words printed on the computer and the '65' gold stickers.


I will link this to the Catch the Bug February AG Challenge

Card #2

Yesterday I was delighted to receive a prize from Lost Coast Designs

Mini cracked Critters...


I couldn't wait to start playing with them so this morning I mounted the stamps on foam
 and just used one to make a triple stamped card - 'Falling Critters'


In triple stamping, three rectangles of card of three sizes are placed on top of each other. Images are then stamped randomly across the three layers. Each card is then matted onto a slightly larger piece of contrasting card and the three parts are layered to gether matching up the pictures.
I added this to a red card blank and then embellished with pearls, bows and googly eyes.


I was also delighted to find I was January winner at Dream In Darkness
I will link this weird little creation at the February Challenge there

Happy Crafting!


8 comments:

  1. Great Birthday card! Like the added banners and the sentiment.

    Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Catch the but this week. Good luck!
    Nick - GDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your design with the Bugaboo Candles, Susan. The starry bg & banners are perfect. Thanks for sharing with Catch the Bug this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous cards you've created! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug for our Anything Goes challenge.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. The falling critters card is so quirky and fun! Cool, love the triple layers and added bows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to smile when I saw the candle card. fun and happy.
    the second card is a fun design also.
    Love the layering.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one works two ways Susan! Falling Critters or Fallen Critters! Nice way to make a stamp work for cute and the opposite in the odd area! Thanks for playing with us again at Dream in Darkness! Nan, CT

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohmygosh Susan poor critters falling to H.....or smashing to the ground ouchie!
    Yikes, wicked in lots of ways. Thanks for joining in at Dream in Darkness!~CT kim
    (ps I know you are not twisted, just my crazy brain :) )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous layout and loving the wicked google eyes. Thank you for joining Dream in Darkness February challenge, hope to see you back in March.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.