Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Tuesday 4 November 2014

Halloween revisited

I meant to add the card in this post to my final 31DOH post -
 but what with one thing and another
I couldn't get it sorted...

We have had awful trouble with the Internet for days now...

Fortunately I had scheduled my last couple of posts!

Thought I would just share our Halloween with you first...
my sister's 65th Birthday coincided with Halloween this year -
 so we have been down to Devon for a huge party!!

First we had to help...

with my sister's bat wing cloak!


with the decorations...


My husband and I have done a lot of AM-DRAM so we needed a swooping ghost -
 we have always used a lot of fishing wire!! 


We dressed up...


My husband and daughter were mad scientists... 

We helped with the food...


We danced...


A good time was had by all!!

But to get back to my card...
First I made a little ATC using the Halloween poem illustrated - it made me think of 
'Things that Go Bump in the Night'


I used scraps of paper from Best Creation Inc. and orange card.
I will link this to Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge

This then became a feature of my main card.


A white card base matted and layered with more orange card and Best Creation Inc. paper
and the image is Ike's freebie for the current challenge at Ike's World
I will link this card to that challenge!

I will also link this post to Open Minded Crafting Challenges - Halloween or Dressing Up!

Happy Crafting!



14 comments:

  1. Fabulous Susan! Looks like a fabulous Halloween! Great ATC, love that you added it to a card - thanks for sharing with us at Ike's World Challenges! mo xxx
    PS - what's that ghost DP!? Love it!! And the cheshire cat paper you've used recently too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mo...they are all Best Creation Inc...I bought them in Derby from the craft shop in the Market Hall (Mary Rose Crafts). I have looked on Best Creation's websites but cannot find them - maybe discontinued?? I ahve enjoyed using them this Halloween though!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love how you used your ATC on a card....it's always fun to use them in unexpected ways. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Wicked Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos!! How fun!! LOL Love your ATC!! It is fantastic!! Love all the different ghosts LOL And I LOVE how you used it on a card! That is so great! Brilliant!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your happy ghosts and poem. Thanks for linking up to Wicked Wednesday this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful photos and card .Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fabulous to have her birthday and Halloween together - what fun photos. It looks like you all had such a great time :-D
    Wonderful ATC - I just luv those little ghosts and it looks awesome on your FAB card. Super !!
    Thank you for playing along at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say, fabulous choice to spend Halloween in Devon, but I am biased haha!

    Your card is brilliant, I love it and what genius idea to put an ATC on the card, I always wondered what to do with them but that is just so clever. Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fantastic card. Love the ATC. Thank you for joining us at Ike's World for our Trick or Treat Challenge.

    Emily T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun project and great photos! Thanks for sharing at IWC xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That does look like a nice time was had by all!!!! Faboolous creations :)

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sure looks like you had a great party! :) Wonderful card, I love how you used the ATC in your card! Thanks for joining Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge, Good Luck! Hope to see you soon again.

    Hanne, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card, such fun Halloweeny colours. Thank you for playing along with us at IWC xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.