Featured Post

WOYWW # 773

It is Wednesday so  I am linking  to the  Stamping Ground Follow the link to find out more about  What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday  an...

Friday 23 May 2014

Do you ever make a card and think...NO...

This week - yes, several times...
But then - it's strange when you put things on sale and the cards you least expect to go are bought first...

Anyway I wanted to have a go at the 52(Christmas) Card Throwdown - May Recipe


It's just been one of those weeks...I am full of cold, have had a dreadful headache for 3 days, and the Internet has been dodgy - so why should I expect my card making to be OK??

I thought I would start with a card base and directly emboss on to it.
So... I put the image on the wrong side so it opened right to left not, left to right.
 I decided to trim it and add colour to the 'deboss' side
 using a felt pad and ink from green and gold ink pads.
I then 'fussy' cut it out.


I stuck this to this lovely hand made paper card base from Itsy Bitsy -
 an amazing crafty outlet I have discovered here in India.

I tied the bow - yes I like that.

I then started working on the coloured in sentiment - it didn't seem to go!
the gold backing behind was supposed to link up with the gold in the ornament - it looks too yellow. The greens and red Promarkers are the wrong colours... 

Back to the drawing board...

 

This time I used gold metallic Promarker and a Holly Green. 
The 'rhinestones' are 'pearls' and turquoise gems.


But it didn't stop there...look at this lovely inspirational photo from Pinspirational Challenges!



Do you think it works?

The lovely heart at the base is a digi from Dragons Lair Designs.
The rest is just stuff from my stash, the card base from Itsy Bitsy.

Anyway I will link it to Pinspirational Challenges


Happy Crafting!


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 177 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun cards! LOVE the way you cut out the embossed image! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :) HUGS and enjoy your weekend! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cleverly executed, Susan! LOVE that sentiment.Thanks for joining our May Recipe challenge at 52 {C}CT.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you've used the inspirational piccie to create your card. Perfect interpretation for our challenge. Thank you for sharing it with us at ( Pin ) spirational this week. Wynn DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty are these cards! I love the colors you used too. thanks for joining us at Pinspirational Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on our challenge over at {Pin}spirational Challenges this week! Love those lady bugs!
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, thanks for playing along at 52 CCT this week with the recipe challenge

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for entering your lovely card for my CHNC challenge extra for May - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Susan. Thanks for joining in the challenge at CHNC Extra for May.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.